Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Airing My Dirty Laundry...

I'm not perfect. For a long time, I've tried to be. It's not working out so well.

My house is a hot mess right now. Part of it is because we're switching Jacob's room and the craft room, but part of it is just because I'm lazy that way. I have 7 totes of craft junk stacked in my bedroom right now, waiting for a new home. Half of Jacob's furniture is in one room, half in the other. Oh, well.

I cannot stay on a schedule with laundry or the dishwasher. I ran the dishwasher 3 times today, and the sink still has a handfull of dishes in it.

We're looking for a church. We've been drifting for a while, trying to find one where we feel comfortable. There are 100+ churches in this town, it shouldn't be that hard.

I'm still having difficulty dealing with my miscarriage. Today, I yelled at Steve for no real reason, then burst into tears. Some days I don't think about the miscarriage, other days I can't think about anything else.

Jacob isn't paying attention in school for some reason. I think he's bored with the work. We moved about 2 years ago, and his old school was much further ahead. No child left behind, my big toe. I wish I could get Steve on board with the idea of homeschooling.

I'm procrastinating writing a paper about the effects of advertising on the entitlement mentality of generation Y. Yeah, it sounds boring to me, too.

I ate 6 lindor truffles today, and they were good. I didn't even feel guilty for more than a second.

I'm ticked off at Apple. Jacob got an Ipod for Christmas, and it won't hold a charge. I shipped it back, and got an email today saying there was nothing wrong with it, they're shipping it back as is.

I did manage to cook 2 meals today. 3 if you count the toast I made to go with the yogurt for breakfast. Hamburgers and homefries for lunch, salisbury steak, mac n cheese, and green beans for supper.

I also managed to clean out and inventory the pantry and freezer. Only tossed a 1 box of Ritz crackers that were expired last May, and some shrimp that had freezer burn, so I've done okay on rotating our stock. I think we're up to about 4 months of supplies at the moment.

I paid all the bills, painted 3 shelves to go in Jacob's new SpongeBob themed bedroom, and did a couple loads of laundry. I have been productive, yet I feel like I've accomplished nothing.

I think far too often bloggers only want to present a rose-colored picture of their lives. I've read some of my past posts, and see that I have done that, too. I need to stop. I'm not perfect. I'm not SuperMom or SuperWife. But I'm pretty darn good at both of those jobs. Yes, I do get impatient. I lose my temper and sometimes I yell. But overall, we have a lot of fun together, our little family of 3 humans and 2 critters. And I shall focus on that, and not worry about having a perfect house or perfect anything. Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be home.

Cause let's face it. That whole perfect...it ain't happenin' here.

No comments: