Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Help needed!

I've mentioned before, I think, that I'm working on a doctorate in marketing. the topic of a current paper I'm working on is the ethics of marketing to children. This may possibly be the topic of my dissertation as well. If you have children (or grandchildren) do you let them use the internet? What ages are they? What websites do you let them visit? Please feel free to comment on this anonymously if you prefer. I'm just collecting info on the advertisers of the websites geared to children, not looking to stalk anyone.

Thanks!

3 comments:

Abbi said...

I do let my kids use the internet but watch over them pretty carefully. Ages 11 and 9 are on there sometimes on their own but on websites that I okay such as: Lego.com, American Girl and google earth.

sara said...

My kids are 2, 4, 6. Only the 6 year old is allowed online, and only for educational websites that my mother-in-law, a teacher, has pointed me to (like Starfall.com). I do these sites with her, and she's never on the computer unmonitored.

Autumn said...

I'm a nanny to 8 month old twins and a 2 1/2 year old. The parents already let the 2 1/2 year old play games on the iPhone and watch YouTube videos.

Hope this helps!