Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back in the swing of things!

Classes resume on Monday, and I am slowly trying to "get it all together" and start teaching again. My new schedule for the week is below:
Daily:
6:15 get up and get dressed in workout clothes
6:30 wake Jake, he gets dressed, combs hair, and does his morning chores (feed the dog, empty trash) I start a load of laundry and empty the dishwasher, and fix breakfast
6:50 breakfast, then teeth brushing/flossing/etc
7:15 Jake get on the bus
7:30 Exercise!
8:00 shower and get ready for work. Put laundry in the dryer. Check facebook and blogs. Prep supper.
10:00 fold laundry and put away
10:30-3:00 work
3:30 work on assignments, Jake comes home, has a snack, and does his homework. I sign his planner. Cleaning time
5:00 supper preps, cleaning
6:00 supper
6:30 clean up kitchen, start dishwasher

Monday and Wednesday
7:30-10:45, back to work to teach a night class. These are so much fun. Most of the students are nontraditional, and are prepared and eager to learn.

Tuesday: work on Avon, groceries and other errands

Thursday: Cub Scouts from 7-8

9:00 Jake showers and gets ready for bed. Lights out at 9:30. Obviously, the hubs takes care of this on nights when I'm working.

On nights when I'm home, Hubby and I will watch a movie or something. I use this time to work on some type of craft project. Currently, I'm finishing up a baby quilt for my cousin who is due next month. I'm usually in bed by 11, and asleep by 11:30 or so.

Friday and Saturday nights have no schedule. If something needs to be done, we do it, but usually leave these times open.

Sunday is for church, and I also do my weekly planning on Sunday. I will plan out our menus after checking to see what we need to use up and whatever is on sale at the grocery store that week. I also lay out all clothing for me and Jake for the week. He has one of those hanging 5 day organizers in his room, so I can layout everything at one time. I leave my outfits for work on the hangers in the order I'm going to wear them. It only takes me about 15 minutes each Sunday to do this, but saves so much time in the morning rush.

My schedule is not set in stone. If something comes up, it is no big deal to change the schedule. I have a wonderful boss, and amazing co-workers who will help out if something comes up and I need to miss work. My hubby is disabled due to a back injury, so he is able to be home and do most of the day-to-day stuff, or if Jake is sick, hubby takes care of him so I don't have to call in. How do you organize your days?

No comments: