Thursday, September 30, 2010

Exciting Announcement

FOr the past couple of weeks, I have been feeling sort of "blah." Not really sick, but not totally myself, either. I thought at first it was allergies, but then I began to just feel worse.

My husband had his vasectomy reversed in April of this year, and obviously, we have been trying to concieve. When my period was late, I bought a home pregnancy test, and it came back negative. So I made an appointment with my doctor to find what was wrong. I was really tired of being tired. Well, the doctor did a blood test, and told me...........

I'M PREGNANT!!!!

We're expecting our little bundle of joy next June (by my best guess, I haven't been the the OB yet to get a due date), and Momma can't wait to meet him or her. Neither can Daddy or Big Brother! Patrick and Mittens, the fur babies, well, they just ignore each other, so I don't really think they'll be too impressed with the baby, either, but they will adjust.

By the time this little one is born, it will have been almost nine years since I was a new mom, so I guess I have some brushing up to do. I also want to do some things differently this time. With Jake, I was young and alone, and I went the most convenient route, because I had to work full time. With this one, I still have to work, but I am blessed with extreme flexibility in my hours, and I set my own schedule. I'd like to exclusively breast feed as long as possible this time, and I'm also looking into predominantly using cloth diapers instead of disposables. I also want to make my own baby food. Any advice to offer?