Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Schedule

Because I am an instructor, my work schedule changes quite often, usually about every 8 weeks or so. Below is my current work schedule:
Monday: 1 pm to 10:30 pm
Tuesday: 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
Wednesday: 1 pm to 10:30 pm
Thursday: 9:30 am to 2:30 pm
Friday: 10:00 am to 3 pm

Of these times, I am usually only doing "real" work stuff for about 4 hours per day, including the times that I am teaching. I actually "work" 20 hours per week, but recieve full time benefits. In the fall semester, I teach 12 hours (4 courses), and in the spring semester, I teach 15 hours (5 courses). Often, for half of the semester, I have a very full load, and the other half of the semester is very light. Even with these erratic hours, I am still able to keep my home running (somewhat) smoothly. Want to know what my secret is? Sorry, there is no secret.

Notice I said my house runs somewhat smoothly. Sometimes I don't feel like doing anything, and I only do what absolutely has to be done that day; for example food preps and baths. Other days I get a lot done.

Yesterday, hubby called as I was driving home from work. He said, "you know what, cupcake? Some chili would be really good for supper tonight." Temperatures have been dropping here, and a big ole pot of chili did sound good. I had to stop at the grocery anyway, so I just added a few things I would need to make the chili to the list.

After stopping at the grocery, I went home and started the chili. While it was cooking/simmering, I emptied and reloaded the dishwasher, re-booted the laundry I had started yesterday morning, and helped hubby and son pick up the living room. After we had supper, I finished de-cluttering the cabinets under the kitchen island. I already had several bags for Goodwill, just waiting until I finished up before taking them to drop off.

This morning before work, I returned some library books and dropped everything off at the Goodwill. My life is so interesting..

No comments: